Hammond Clarke believes that we should invest in people to help them become the type of worker that businesses are looking for. We understand that it can be hard to find work particularly in the Covid19 recession and particularly for young people. At Hammond Clarke, we currently provide an additional service to candidates that need extra help, advice, or support. This can be updating their skills, boosting confidence and supporting writing c.v’s. Our objective to help people that are looking for work finds jobs, get the training to be able to support local business in employing skilled motivated local workers.
Let us help you get into work.
Your first step is to talk to us.
Pick up the phone! – call on the main switchboard on 0203 772 0123
We will spend time with you to find out what you want to do, and what experience you have.
We will help you identify anything that may be getting in the way of you finding work or getting the job that you really want.
We will invite you to the office to have an informal chat with one of our consultants
What you will get.
We will work with you to build and develop a plan of action which could include:
- We will listen to you
- We will help you write your c.v and provide careers advise
- Linking you up with local employers
- Additional training to fill skills gaps
- Liaise with Colleges on your behalf
- Helping you access other services and support.
If you do not have a CV, do not worry – get in touch and we can help you with that.
Hammond Clarke – Currently have opportunities with BeeKind Services, as Care Assistant, which is a Care Provider that offers companionship and chaperoning, cleaning, shopping etc to the elderly. – A great introduction into the care sector
Hammond Clarke has two companies that are looking for Electrician Apprentices and Refrigeration Apprentice, please, see the below
Our client is looking for a hardworking individual to join our team as Apprentice Electrician learning the skills and gaining experience of the Electrical Industry whilst studying towards completion of the NVQ Level 3 and Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Working with a fully qualified and experienced Electrician to:
- Ensure electrical work is delivered in a professional manner, in line with Services standards
- Ensure the effective delivery of service in line with SGE-Services Ltd Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Report any Health and Safety issues and outstanding defects to the Electrical Supervisor, Contracts Manager, Electrical Qualifying Manager, Health and Safety team and Apprentice Master
- Work as an integral team member with other apprentices, SGE operatives, clients.
- Ensure college course attendance is 100% and college absence communicated to your Line Manager and Apprentice Master every time you fail to attend college
- Communicate college requirements for completion of NVQ Level 3 portfolio work with SGE Mentor, Apprentice Master and Contracts Manager
- Always wear your PPE whilst working and follow Health & Safety instructions
- Pass all college exams and projects in each year of college otherwise, your apprenticeship will be terminated
- Put together and maintain a tool kit so, at the end of your apprenticeship, you have all the essential tools for your trade
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Good communication
- Positive attitude to work
- Attention to detail
Any Other Information
- Driving Licence by end of the apprenticeship
- Right to work and live in the UK
- Treating others with respect
- Excellent work ethic
- Two references with current contact details (this can be previous work reference or character reference)
Apprentice Industrial Refrigeration Engineer
What you will do
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects and environments. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and a mentor. We are offering a full-time permanent Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us. The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job work experience, with time at college.
How you will do it
The aim would be to progress the apprentice through both colleges for technical qualifications and provide practical exposure / experience of industrial refrigeration plant, equipment and systems.
Initially, there would be essential health and safety training along with the basic industrial site requirements. Following successful completion of these courses, the apprentice would work along with qualified and experienced technicians to work / support out in the field with planned and reactive maintenance and service work on both Industrial and commercial refrigeration systems.
The first 3 months would be around a general orientation introduction to the types of sites, systems and works undertaken, followed by basic support activities. This would increase in line with knowledge and experience gained on site and via college.
The successful apprentice will enrol on the Advanced Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship is 3 years in duration during which you will be trained in the design, installation, routine maintenance, reactive service, commissioning and de-commissioning of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Heat Pump systems.
You will attend college on a day release or block release basis depending on your location. If you are required to stay away from home the cost of travel, accommodation and meals will be covered by the company.
What we look for
Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths, English, Science and a technical subject at grade 9-4 (A-C in old grading system) or level 2 equivalent
Enthusiasm to learn and an interest in problem solving
Self-motivated, flexible and reliable
Good IT skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work both independently and as a team player
Although no engineering experience is required, candidates must show an interest in engineering