Interim Head of Finance – Executive Interim
Hammond Clarke have the priviledge of partering with a London Local Authority, south of the river, in thier search for an Interim Head of Finance. The Head of Finance will be an integral part of the Departmental Leadership team for the relevant department and will be the departmental lead on all financial matters at a delivery level including feasibility of financial savings, budget setting and forecasting.
They will provide operational leadership and support to the departmental leadership team and manage the core financial processes of the relevant department to ensure effective financial management in delivery of the Council’s vision and priorities and the relevant Departments’ core principles, key aims and service objectives.
The postholders will be responsible for providing the strategic financial lead for the relevant department. They will provide customer focused support to both the Departmental Leadership team (DLT) and the Executive Leadership team (ELT) when required.
They will ensure that DLT and the budget managers in the department have access to sound and timely financial advice on policy and strategic issues and will be responsible for developing and enhancing the financial management competencies of budget managers.
They will provide the financial lead on the capital budget proposals for the relevant department and ensure that there is compliance with the Council’s corporate financial framework.
They will lead, manage and develop a financial team to ensure robust support for the organisation and an ability to be flexible with changing demands
- To enable the Council to set a balanced budget each year by providing financial support, challenge and guidance to the relevant department
- To ensure that robust financial management is in place within the organisation to deliver a balanced financial position in each financial year
- To deliver a proposed capital budget and robust financial monitoring to ensure delivery of the aspirations of the authority
- To develop a skilled and well qualified finance team to ensure support and advice to the organisation
- An organisation with robust governance and financial controls
- To provide operational financial leadership and support to DLT.
- To provide personal support and advice to Executive Directors, Cabinet Members and committees
- To manage the core financial processes of the relevant department to ensure effective financial management and control
- To deliver financial support and expertise to provide accurate and comprehensive strategy proposals
- To provide support and guidance on the capital programme proposals to ensure a programme that is fit for purpose and will deliver the aspirations of the organisation
- To provide financial expertise and support to other areas within the finance team to ensure that the statutory accounts are delivered to deadline and without audit qualification
- To ensure that all future financial risks for the department are fully understood and appropriate actions taken
- To manage the financial and management accounting processes for the relevant department including budget preparation, budget monitoring, financial analysis and accurate accounting records
- To manage the team to provide accurate grant claims, statistical returns and deliver statutory requirements to required deadlines
- To ensure that financial processes are as efficient as possible and continually improved, ensuring that systems are as robust and effective as possible
Please introduce yourself with just a few details and one of our Executive Consultants will be in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you.